Electronics & Communication
About the Department:
The Department has always been on a high growth path to keep pace with the ever increasing importance of the major disciplines of study and current technology trends.
The Department has a fine blend of renowned as well as young faculty members and is involved in providing quality education. The undergraduate curricular structure and syllabi are updated regularly to reflect recent technological developments and industrial and nationals goals. The laboratories are well equipped, organized in such a way that student’s academics initiates with basics of electronics and are modernized to reflect the rapid changes in technology. The curriculum in electronics and communication engineering lays greater emphasis on deep understanding of fundamental principles and state of the art knowledge of electronic devices & circuits, computer architecture & microprocessors, VLSI & embedded systems, electromagnetic field theory, analog and digital communication, digital signal processing, microwave & broadband communications.
- The Electronics and Communication Engineering Department will educate each student to be a responsible and productive engineer, who will be ready to meet technology’s challenges.
- The Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering supports the motto of Vivekananda Institute of Technology-East through teaching, research and service designed to provide the very best electronics engineering education possible. Our mission is to prepare students to excel as engineers and leaders in their profession.
- Ensure good quality academic and industrial research programs in different areas of engineering and technology.
- Generate industry-institute synergy for shaping technical education to meet the requirement of industry. Undergraduate-curriculum is broad based.
- Science based engineering education, which enables students to use basic sciences into engineering practice/programs.
- Involves continuous evaluation to avoid rote learning and semester end examinations.
- The Department has active collaborations with renowned Institutes.
- The electronics workshop is well equipped with dark room and all machines required in the fabrication of PCB to broaden the scope of basic learning.
- Industrial visits are organized to supplement the practical knowledge of the students.
- The electronic programming labs VHDL, OFC, ANTENNA are provided with system and internet facility.
- Interactive sessions of the students with researchers, arranged from the well known institutes and organization.
- Emphasis is given on the conceptual development of the students through seminars and conferences.
- In labs and classrooms, students draw on the expertise and knowledge of our able faculty, integrating practical, hands-on research experience with challenging and interesting course-work.
- The Department is having sufficient classrooms and sophisticated laboratories, all of which are equipped with audio-visual aids. The department is equipped with uninterrupted power supply and internet connectivity. The department also has a well stocked library of its own.
- Moreover, for proper coordination among the faculties, guest teachers and instructors, other staff and the students a healthy environment has been created in the department. The department is associated with the organization of a number of workshops, celebrations, popular talks, training programmes etc.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOS):
PEO 1: To be the best in professional career and/or higher education by acquiring good knowledge, ability and practice skills in Electronics and Communication engineering.
PEO 2: To develop attitude, good communication skills, leadership and team work in the profession and adapt according to lifelong learning.
PEO 3: To prepare graduates with vast theoretical and practical knowledge of fundamentals and to develop a level for professional competences.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs):
(a) Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
(b) Graduates will demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
(c) Graduate will demonstrate an ability to design and conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data.
(d) Graduates will demonstrate an ability to design a system, component or process as per needs and specifications.
(e) Graduates will demonstrate an ability to visualize and work on laboratory and multidisciplinary tasks.
(f) Graduate will demonstrate skills to use modern engineering tools, software and equipment to analyze problems.
(g) Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities.
(h) Graduate will be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
(i) Graduate will show the understanding of impact of engineering solutions on the society and also will be aware of contemporary issues.
(j) Graduate will develop confidence for self-education and ability for life-long learning.
(k) Graduate participation and success in competitive examinations. Graduate will develop confidence for self-education.
a. Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
- Electronics workshop: This workshop is designed to keep the students update and familiar with the basics of Electronics, Digital Electronics and Linear Integrated Circuits. This workshop is equipped with all major equipments like CROs, function generator, bread board, multimeters etc. Students learn to design different circuits like Rectifiers, Amplifiers etc on bread board which facilitate to develop different projects. Emphasis is given to have hands-on experience.
- Electronic Measurement & instrumentation Lab: In this lab Students get knowledge about Measuring instruments and Transducers. In this lab students Measure the Pressure, Temperature, force, Displacement, Light and Load in terms of Electrical Voltage or Current using Transducers. Transducer is a device which converts Physical quantity into Electrical quantity. In this lab we have 10 major Transducers and 3 Bridges which are: LVDT Kit, RTD Kit, Thermistor Kit, Thermo couple Temperature transducer Kit, Load Cell, Strain Gauge, Pressure Cell, LCR Bridge, Ultrasonic Transducer, Light Measurement Kit, Maxwell Bridge, Anderson Bridge, Capacitance Bridge.
- Electronics Engineering Design Lab : Here students are made abreast with latest Electronic engineering capabilities including analog and digital circuit design, programming, robotic engineering, remote control systems, RF, and electronic product development.
- Electronics Lab : This lab helps students to improve their conceptual knowledge about the Electronics Devices and its Applications This is basic electronics lab in which the students gain knowledge about solid state devices in theory and practice. Students learn about characteristics of PN junction diode, zener diode, LED. In this lab students are also made aware about Rectifier circuits, filter circuits, Clipping circuits, transistors, etc. Students are also encouraged to perform experiments on virtual platform.
- Digital Electronics Lab : Students are provided with a modern, well-equipped Digital Electronics Laboratory with adequate facilities. The Lab has advanced equipment to perform experiments with Shift register, Basic logic gates AND,OR, NOT & designing of gates using NAND,NOR GATES, Up down counter, Multiplexer & demultiplexer, Encoder and decoder circuits, etc.
- Microwave Engineering Lab: This lab provides the information regarding various microwave devices. The students can practically learn measurements and working of various microwave devices. In this lab student get knowledge about microwave components, microwave amplifiers, microwave oscillators and microwave power source which are klystron, magnetron, etc. The laboratory has good microwave bench to train students in the field of microwave engineering. Apart from other equipments, Gunn-oscillators & Klystron-oscillators are available for practical. Various antenna radiation patterns are plotted using computer controlled equipments.
- Communication Lab I & II : This lab is used in communication system course for the students of III year of B.Tech E& C streams. In this lab student study in detail about various types of receivers and transmitters, modulators and de-modulators and spectrum analyzer .In this lab we have more than ten equipments which are amplitude modulation kit, FM modulation and de modulation kit, PM modulation and de modulation kit, Spectrum analyzer, PCM encoder/decoder, Super heterodyne receiver, ASK, FSK, PSK modulation and de modulation kit, etc.
- Microprocessor Lab : The lab contains the microprocessors kits in which students use assembly language to program the KIT, where the students Study the hardware, functions, memory structure and operation of 8085, 8086 coprocessor kit.
- Wireless Communication Lab: In this laboratory instructions are provided to the students in the area of wireless communication. The laboratory contains facilities like RF signal generators with different modulations; Vector Network Analyzer System; Power Meters etc.
- Signal processing Lab I & II: The lab is equipped to perform experiments using software and hardware components. In the software component, students carry out a number of experiments using C or MATLAB software, illustrating some of the fundamental concepts and applications of digital signal processing, such as quantization and sampling, block processing by convolution, real-time filtering on a sample-by-sample basis, signal enhancement and noise reduction filters, direct, canonical, and cascade realizations of digital filters, etc.
- Industrial Electronic Lab Facilities at the Industrial Electronics Laboratory are geared towards the design, modelling and testing of electronic devices related to power electronics. In this laboratory power electronic devices SCR, MOSFETS, FETS etc are used to understand the characteristics and intended applications.
- VLSI & Optical Fibre Lab: Facilities at VLSI & Optical Fibre Lab is geared towards understanding the fundamentals of optical communication & VLSI.
DST Approved Projects
|Ms. Shaba Anjum||Speed Control of BLDCM with the help of PLC||IJSRD||2015|
|Ms. Adrija Roy||Implementation Of IDWTOFDH System In Lab View||IJMTER||2015|
|Performance Comparision Of DWT OFDM And FFT OFDM System On AWGN.||STM Journal||2015|
|Ms. Sonia Gandhi||Performance Analysis Of Comprassive Sensing Algorithm For Image Processing||IJISET||2015|